Helping You Get On With The Job
With Nath Solicitors, you get direct access to a senior solicitor with years of commercial experience. We are a small firm — flexible and responsive to the needs of employers and employees.
With lawyers who have spent most of their careers working inside major corporations we can say that we genuinely understand the pressures faced by both employees and employers when disputes arise.
For our employment law clients the in house expertise matters: You won’t be advised by solicitors whose only understanding of the workplace comes from lengthy law reports. Instead, you will have advisers on your side who know first-hand how business works.
Our work ranges from one-off advice on a particular issue such as an employee claim for discrimination to more long-term strategic advice where we get to know your business and advise you on the steps you can take to avoid legal problems. As we work within the medical and dental professions we also have an understanding of the BMA and BDA contracts so that we are able to advise Dental surgeries and Medical practices as well as individual doctors (partners or salaried) and dental associates and staff.
Our employment advice includes:
- Employment contracts
- Employee handbooks, policies and procedures
- Disciplinary and Grievance issues
- TUPE and its implications on business restructuring, including information and consultation procedures
- Agreements for independent contractors
- Variation letters
- Executive service agreements
- Staff relocation issues and redundancies, including how to run a redundancy programme and the associated employee consultation process
We understand the mindset of employers: We have been advising companies on employee-related issues for more than a decade.
If you are in dispute with your employer, contact us. In a recent case, we doubled the redundancy payment originally offered to our client by a major corporation. BUT that’s not all; the real secret was the fact we managed to do this in a matter of a few weeks.
We advise on:
- Your contract of employment and employment package
- Settlement Agreements (Compromise Agreements)
- COT3 Agreements
- Discrimination claims
- Redundancy issues
- Unfair dismissal and employment tribunal claims
- Dispute resolution