For any business operating in today’s market clear, concise software and outsourcing contracts are essential. Ideally your business should have a well-developed and robust IT strategy.
At Nath Solicitors in London we understand the ever-changing IT sector. We work closely with businesses of all sizes to create long term IT strategies that comply fully with UK and international regulations. We will also ensure that any agreements you enter protect your business interests as far as possible.
Types of IT and software contracts
We create, negotiate and implement the following types of IT contracts:
- Software licences
- Software development and distribution licences
- Web design agreements
- Website terms of business
- Open source software agreements
- Reseller agreements
- Maintenance and support agreements (both hardware and software)
- Software as a service contracts
- Framework and master services agreements in the technology sector
- Service level agreements
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- IT-based intellectual property agreements
Our results-focused solicitors understand that IT and software contracts often require swift implementation. We have the resources to react quickly when the commercial reality demands it.
Ensuring your IT agreement is right for you
Putting the right IT legal agreement in place requires a sophisticated understanding of the law. That is because regulations and the law can change rapidly. Our experience in IT law will give you the confidence that your IT and software agreements contain the clauses required to protect your commercial interests.
An example: software acceptance test contracts
When it comes to drafting clauses for acceptance tests for example, we will ensure the contract sets out:
- the time periods for carrying out the tests
- acceptance test criteria
- who will conduct the tests
- the consequences of software failing the tests
- ownership of the software’s intellectual property
- dispute resolution provisions to deal with situations such as failure to deliver the software/system
- the liability of each party for losses if the IT or software fails
To discuss how we can assist you with drafting bespoke IT and Software contracts for your company, please call our London office on 0203 670 5540 to make an appointment or contact us online.